Friday, July 20, 2007

Buccaneer Fencing - Atrocious Customer Service and Business Practices

Final post for the day....

In April of 2007 I contracted Buccaneer Fencing to help me with my fence project. Several thousand dollars and several weeks later it was completed. I was fairly happy with the process. A couple of misunderstandings along the way, but all seemed to be fine.

Fast Forward to July 2007. During the pool building process I had to remove a section of my fence so I began the attempts to contact Buccaneer Fencing for a quote to replace the sections and for some warranty work on my gate latches.... it took 6 weeks of emailing, faxing, web forms and phone calls/voicemails to get any response. When I did get a response I was told by Buccaneer Fence that they are refusing me service. Their refusal to provide me service effectively negates the warranty on the fence - where else can I go to get service on a fence they built??? I offered about a dozens time to settle the issue amicably but in the end they still refused me service (and an adequate explanation).

I recently escalated by complaining through the BBB - and soon I will take my issue to the county consumer affairs division and anyone else that will listen (State?, Lawyer?, Local Media?). Does anyone know a better course of action to take? In the end I just wanted my fence fixed with the same material/look as the rest of the fence and my warranty issue fixed. Instead if I got a response at all it was one laced with libel and negative attitude.

In my opinion this is not a way to treat a customer that spend over 7K and was willing to spend more money.... I'm looking for any ideas for recourse that you all may know about and to warn you to avoid the same situation with this company.

Any Ideas?

No comments: